Forums

Welcome to the ModTalk forums, the online community where fellow RVers share the modifications they make to their RVs. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the forum FAQ. It’s full of information to help you get started discussing your mods. In order to post, you will need to register. This helps us to ensure good quality discussion among fellow RVers. It just takes a minute and the rewards are endless…really!

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Search 

Want to Modify the Framing of Motorhome

UserPost

11:40 am
September 1, 2017

Soozl

Mod Newbie

posts 2

We have a 1996 El Dorado Class C Motorhome we've been working on for a while.  Right now we have the entire back wall removed to repair significant water damage.  Currently the rear wall slopes inward up to the roof and down to the frame, creating a pointed back end.  What I would like to do is remove the slope from the rear wall from the point to the roofline, making the rear wall perpendicular to the ground.  The inward slope on the bottom third would remain.  I realize we would need to extend the roofline, and I think I have a solution for that, but I'm concerned about the engineering involved in changing the structure.  Has anyone done something like this?  Do you think it's possible.  It will add about 6″ to the roof length, and make the inside feel bigger.  

About the ModMyRV forum

Currently Online:

7 Guests

Maximum Online: 96

Forums:

Groups: 2

Forums: 13

Topics: 918

Members:

There are 23533 members

There are 1 guests

ModMyRV has made 302 posts