Forums

Welcome to the ModTalk forums, the online community where fellow RVers share the modifications they make to their RVs. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the forum FAQ. It’s full of information to help you get started discussing your mods. In order to post, you will need to register. This helps us to ensure good quality discussion among fellow RVers. It just takes a minute and the rewards are endless…really!

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Search 

air conditioner & 2000i Honda Generator

UserPost

6:27 pm
October 19, 2016

B52-fox

Mod Enthusiast

B52-fox

posts 15

Found an answer to using a 2000 generator to power a 13.5 or 15K air conditioner.

EasyStart is a “soft start” circuit that actually works. I purchased the board only for about 150 bucks, added a case and new start capacitor. Wiring change and install was very quick and easy on my 2008 Coleman 13.5 AC.

After the install I connected my Honda 200i and was amased that not only did it power the AC, the generator ran on ECCO function. This means the little red generator was not under any stress what so ever. When the compressor kicks off the generator goes to idle. When the compressor kicks back on the generator just increases to mid range. Just amasing !!!!

Here is a link to the device.

https://id144248.webhosting.optonline.net/microair.net/merchantmanager/index.php?cPath=4

or goto  http://www.microair.net

Video at. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soP0uZFd0nQ

or search youtube:  softstart air conditioner

6:20 pm
November 10, 2016

B52-fox

Mod Enthusiast

B52-fox

posts 15

Since the install back in Oct 2016 I have used the air conditioner and little red honda many times. No problems what-so-ever. Honda powers the MH and airconditioner for about 1.3 gallons of gas per 24 hours. Granted the nights are cooler than in say July, but according to my bride you could hang beef in the bedroom year round.

My next mod will be to change to a programable T-stat.

Cheers

10:39 pm
June 7, 2017

dlsacco

Mod Enthusiast

posts 8

I put the micro-air easy start 364 in. My briefcase genny is rated for 1600 continuous / 2000 peak, but derated by 30 percent for my altitude won't quite do the job. I'm looking to change to a westinghouse 2400I which has 2100 running , 2400 starting watts … Should do the job even up here. The easy start did everything they claim

6:42 pm
September 27, 2017

B52-fox

Mod Enthusiast

B52-fox

posts 15

Update on the Honda and MicroAir mod:  Another year of even more boondocking and using the Honda to cool the RV. We usually camped for 2-3 days with the Honda running the entire time (with external gas tank). 71 hours with one start says volumes for the little red generator.  After each trip I changed the oil using Mobil 1 30wt.

About the ModMyRV forum

Currently Online:

3 Guests

Maximum Online: 96

Forums:

Groups: 2

Forums: 13

Topics: 919

Members:

There are 23818 members

There are 1 guests

ModMyRV has made 302 posts