Forums

Welcome to the ModTalk forums, the online community where fellow RVers share the modifications they make to their RVs. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the forum FAQ. It’s full of information to help you get started discussing your mods. In order to post, you will need to register. This helps us to ensure good quality discussion among fellow RVers. It just takes a minute and the rewards are endless…really!

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Search 

ModMyRV Contest Updates

UserPost

6:04 am
February 25, 2009

ModMyRV

Admin

Gardnerville, NV

posts 302

The contest is now underway! This post will start the official thread for daily updates and anythig else related to the contest. Good luck!

8:21 pm
February 25, 2009

ModMyRV

Admin

Gardnerville, NV

posts 302

Allright, here are some early stats:

jmt has the early lead with 3 comments and 1 rating.

There is a 3-way commenting tie between Jay, reverse osmosis, and cccale with 1 comment each.

And there is a tie between everyone else because they have yet to comment or rate! ;)

Let's see what tomorrow brings and happy modding!

12:46 pm
February 26, 2009

jmt

Mod Newbie

Kent, Washington

posts 3

There must be more people doing mods than just me? Anyone up for the challenge?

8:24 pm
February 26, 2009

ModMyRV

Admin

Gardnerville, NV

posts 302

Today's contest update shows jmt with a commanding lead:

jmt has commented a total of 10 times and rated a total of 10 mods.

There is still a 3-way commenting tie between Jay, reverse osmosis, and cccale with 1 comment each.

Are you going to let jmt walk away with this contest? I know you take him. Bring it on! :)

*** On edit, we have a late breaking entry! ***

TnT has joned the crowd with two comments so now he's taken over 2nd place! Let's keep 'em coming.

8:20 pm
February 27, 2009

ModMyRV

Admin

Gardnerville, NV

posts 302

Today brings us just one mystery rater and no commenters. There must be some great camping weather out there bcause no one was here commenting and rating! Or everyone is just busy doing mods. ;)

jmt still has the lead with 10 comments and 10 ratings.

TnT is a distant second with 2 comments.

And there is still 3-way commenting tie for third place between Jay, reverse osmosis, and cccale with 1 comment each.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and be sure to come back on Monday full of commenting vigor! 

8:16 pm
February 28, 2009

ModMyRV

Admin

Gardnerville, NV

posts 302

Today was amazing! jmt's challenge was met in a big way. And there have been some great quality comments and some really good questions as well.

cccale tied jmt with 10 comments but pulled away easily with 16 ratings!

Not to be outdone, Bob Vaughn came out with guns blazing with an astounding 28 comments. Thanks Bob. You're the man.

So here is where we are on the third day of competition:

Bob Vaughn is in the lead with a combined total of 28 points.

cccale is a very close second with a total of 26 points.

jmt is in third with 20 combined points.

TnT is fourth with 2 comments.

And there is 2-way tie for fifth place between Jay, and reverse osmosis, and with 1 comment each.

Thanks again everyone for your participation and happy modding!

10:03 pm
March 1, 2009

ModMyRV

Admin

Gardnerville, NV

posts 302

What a great end to a great weekend. Looks like there is now a 3-way battle with the lead bouncing back and forth all day. The heat is on! Here's where we are:

cccale is enjoying a comforatable lead with 36 points! (he loves to rate hint hint)

jmt brings up 2nd with 31 points.

Bob Vaugh is a close 3rd with 28 total points.

And there is 3-way tie for fifth place between newcomer SteadyFast, Jay, and reverse osmosis, with 1 comment each.

Thanks again everyone for your participation and happy modding!

9:39 pm
March 2, 2009

jmt

Mod Newbie

Kent, Washington

posts 3

Anyone else out there to create a little more competition? Cheers!

8:01 am
March 3, 2009

ModMyRV

Admin

Gardnerville, NV

posts 302

Yesterday's competition brought some new strategies employed by Bob Vaughn. Bob decimated the competition earning 76 more points, answering cccale's call to rate, and he rated every one of the mods! jmt showed with a great effort but couldn't match Bob's Kung Fu. It was too strong. cccale showed up late in the evening to throw his four cents in but in the end Bob was king.

Here are the cummulative stats as of midnight last night:

Bob Vaughn - 104 combined comments and ratings

jmt - 53 combined comments and ratings

cccale - 40 combined comments and ratings

And there is 3-way tie for fifth place between newcomer SteadyFast, Jay, and reverse osmosis, with 1 comment each.

I thank all of you for your continued participation. And ask some of your buddies if they're up for some friendly competition!

9:11 am
March 4, 2009

ModMyRV

Admin

Gardnerville, NV

posts 302

Sorry for the late update. We had a huge snow storm last night and I'm still without power. The laptop and router are running off the TT inverter as I type this!

It was a rating war yesterday with jmt and cccale going crazy but cccale took jmt by a nose with 38 ratings and jmt with 37. But jmt made a strong comeback with a whopping 28 comments! Bob Vaughn made a cameo appearance with 4 comments and 1 rating. And newcomer Desperado made 1 comment.

We have a new leader! Here are the stats as of midnight last night are:

jmt - 118 combined comments and ratings

Bob Vaughn - 109 combined comments and ratings

cccale - 78 combined comments and ratings

And there is now a 4-way tie for fifth place between new members Desperado, SteadyFast, Jay, and reverse osmosis, with 1 comment each.

Were getting some really great comments and thanks for your honest rating. Keep it going! 

9:16 am
March 4, 2009

jmt

Mod Newbie

Kent, Washington

posts 3

Anyone new to heat up the competition?

5:29 am
March 5, 2009

Bob Vaughn

Mod Guru

Seffner, Florida

posts 261

How long is the contest going to last ?

8:25 am
March 5, 2009

ModMyRV

Admin

Gardnerville, NV

posts 302

The contest will run until March 11th at 5:59 am. The contest length gives those who are or become new members the opportunity to join in the fun.

9:24 am
March 5, 2009

ModMyRV

Admin

Gardnerville, NV

posts 302

Yesterday had Bob Vaughn deliver a fury of comments with 34 more. And he also rated another mod. jmt was probably out doing other important things but managed 7 ratings.

So it's Bob in the lead now. Here are the stats as of midnight last night:

Bob Vaughn - 144 combined comments and ratings

jmt - 125 combined comments and ratings

cccale - 78 combined comments and ratings

And there is now a 4-way tie for fifth place between new members Desperado, SteadyFast, Jay, and reverse osmosis, with 1 comment each.

Remember, just 6 more days until the contest ends so keep bringing it!

10:05 am
March 5, 2009

Bob Vaughn

Mod Guru

Seffner, Florida

posts 261

What time zone is that 05:59 in?????

10:11 am
March 5, 2009

ModMyRV

Admin

Gardnerville, NV

posts 302

Bob Vaughn said:

What time zone is that 05:59 in?????

PST. I guess that would help wouldn't it. Tongue out

10:21 am
March 5, 2009

Bob Vaughn

Mod Guru

Seffner, Florida

posts 261

Now that I am retarded I don't get up so early anymore….Let me see that would be 08:59 eastern daylight saving time……..It is rough getting up before breakfast ……My projects around the house are never ending…..I really don't know how I ever found time to work at a job…my wife wants me to get a part time job but I don't know if I can fit it in my busy schedule….I still have a mod to finish on my camper and a couple yet to do…

8:40 am
March 6, 2009

ModMyRV

Admin

Gardnerville, NV

posts 302

jmt was the man yesterday posting 16 comments and 4 ratings. cccale made a brief appearance with 1 rating. And our leader took the day off to let the competition catch up.

We have a new leader! Here are the stats as of midnight last night:

jmt - 145 combined comments and ratings

Bob Vaughn - 144 combined comments and ratings

cccale - 79 combined comments and ratings

And there is still a 4-way tie for fifth place between new members Desperado, SteadyFast, Jay, and reverse osmosis, with 1 comment each.

Remember, just 5 more days until the contest ends so keep bringing it!

1:15 pm
March 6, 2009

Bob Vaughn

Mod Guru

Seffner, Florida

posts 261

I guess I did take the day off …..I was replacing some bad cedar on the front of my house….I don't think they used a level or square when they built it….when they installed the cedar siding I think they only had one size nail….I found a lot of nails that were just bent over and left that way…I guess they figured the next piece of wood would cover it up….My wife says I over build when I build something….but at least it won't fall down…..

7:07 am
March 7, 2009

ModMyRV

Admin

Gardnerville, NV

posts 302

Yesterday was a light day for all contestants. But that's OK. I'm sure Bob and jmt are just re-strategizing on their next moves. 

But we do have a new leader! Here are the stats as of midnight last night:

Bob Vaughn - 146 combined comments and ratings

jmt - 145 combined comments and ratings

cccale - 79 combined comments and ratings

And there is nowl a 5-way tie for fifth place between new members Randy CDesperado, SteadyFast, Jay, and reverse osmosis, with 1 comment each.

Remember, just 4 more days until the contest ends so keep bringing it even if you already brought it.

About the ModMyRV forum

Currently Online:

1 Guest

Maximum Online: 210

Forums:

Groups: 2

Forums: 13

Topics: 955

Members:

There are 38576 members

There are 1 guests

ModMyRV has made 302 posts