Let’s face it, a shower in an RV isn’t the most exhilarating experience. In fact, in can be a bit claustrophobic. But that’s the least of the “problems”. Undoubtedly, it’s the water pressure, or lack thereof, that makes us want to just ripen up a little until we get home to do the deed. This mod is all about increasing water pressure without replacing your water pump. In fact, this is one of the easiest mods you can do to your RV. All we are going to do is replace the shower head. Yes, it’s pure magic.
Not only does this shower head increase water pressure, it does it by almost 3 times more water pressure without increased water consumption. How is this possible you ask? The nozzle uses a venturi system consisting of 16 air entrance ports, which allow air to increase the spray velocity. Oxygen levels in the water are increased as well, giving you a refreshing spray never before possible in an RV shower head. The DW will be very happy because now she will be able to easily rinse her hair. And when the DW is happy…well you know the rest.
Both RVers and boondockers alike can benefit from this wonderful product of genius. RVers will enjoy an invigorating shower whether they are using the water pump or city water hookup. Boondockers will save a lot of water by being able to shower as they like but without wasting precious water. And both can adjust their individual comfort levels by using the “comfort control” regulator. Located at the base of the Oxygenics Body SpaÂ® wand, the comfort control regulator allows you to adjust from a gentle stream to a refreshing, high-pressure spray.
Installation is very straightforward. If you don’t want to follow the instructions that come with the magic shower head, then:
- Remove existing shower head.
- Using a wire brush or steel wool, thoroughly clean threaded area of existing shower arm.
- Flush out shower pipe for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Wrap Teflon tape clockwise 3 turns around threaded end of shower arm.
- In a clockwise direction, screw handheld holder onto the taped portion of the shower arm. Then place washer A in hose end D and screw on to holder.
- Place washer B in hose end E and screw comfort control regulator C into handheld, then titghten on to hose end E.
- Insert handheld shower fixture into handheld holder.
That’s it. You’re done. Pretty simple. Now go take a shower! Or, you can go to the ModMyRV Videos section and see a great installation video by Jim Twamley of RVTravel.com.